Only students that have booked an appointment or are attending a pre-booked course are allowed onsite.
As you can imagine, this period has been quite stressful for everyone for a whole host of reasons and I would like to make the workshop as safe a place as I possibly can. I also need to be quite blunt and advise that from a financial point of view, closing for 2 weeks at a time, should anyone present with symptoms, is not something I can afford to do. I would much prefer to be safe than sorry, however, it also goes without saying that I will close should I need to! The health and safety of everyone who visits The Fox Studios is paramount.
Prerequisite to Attending the Workshop
If you have any Covid-19 type symptoms please do not visit The Fox Studios.
The NHS currently define Covid-19 symptoms as:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you believe you are showing symptoms, please let me know as soon as possible. We can then discuss an alternative date that you can attend.
Face Mask Requirement
You will need to bring your own face mask and/or face shield that can be worn for observing close demonstrations.
Changes to the Workshop
The workshop will be cleaned regularly throughout the day, and after each session ends in readiness for the next class. To assist me in maintaining the cleanliness of the workshop please follow the guidelines outlined below. If you’re not happy with any of the guidelines, please do let me know so that we can discuss options/alternatives.
To allow plenty of fresh air to circulate around the workshop the windows will be open regardless of the weather. Therefore please bring something warm to wear. Additionally, the workshop can get quite warm with the sun, which we will hopefully have a lot more of, but you can never tell.
Arrival at Evans House and Access to the Workshop
Could I ask that you arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your session? This will allow me to make sure the workshop is clean for you for your session.
On arrival to Evans House you can use either the stairs or the lift to get to The Fox Studios.
- Stairs – please use the provided sanitiser at the front door before coming up the stairs. This is so you can safely use the handrails, if needed. If you meet someone on the stairs it is recommended that you wait at the landing for them to pass. Please be aware there are multiple businesses in the building and they may or may not have their own best practice guide. It is recommended that you wear a face mask/shield when using the stairs.
- Lift – please use the provided hand sanitiser before pressing the button to call the lift. Please respect any safe distancing measures if travelling with others in the lift.
When you enter the workshop, please either use the hand sanitiser or wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. Paper towels are provided to dry your hands thoroughly, please dispose of them in the bins provided.
Please do not use the coat racks. Should you need to store a coat, please place it on the back of the chairs. The chairs will be cleaned with sanitiser after each session.
Please stay within your designated workbench area. Seated side by side, you are approx. 1.5 from the next bench, with a screen dividing you. The tools at each workstation will have been sanitised before the session, but there are wipes available if you wish to wipe them down yourself. Please make sure that you dry them thoroughly to avoid rust.
Any shared equipment will have been cleaned before use, can I ask that you wipe it down once you’ve finished with it and make sure they’re dry, as this can lead to rust.
When using shared equipment, please maintain a 2m distance. Be aware of where the other students are around you before moving.
Please use tissues when coughing or sneezing, and dispose of them in the bins at your workstation. At the end of your session, please remove the waste bag from the workstation bin, tie a knot in it and place it in the bigger bin.
Tea & Coffee are available; to try and limit the amount of exposure, only one person will be tea monitor for your session… probably me.
Please bring your own mugs if you want a drink during the session.
If you wish to make tea or coffee, could I ask that you make it for the group and wipe down the kettle, sink, taps, worktop, fridge, milk carton with antibacterial wipes after use.
Purchases from The Fox Studios
If buying any silver, tools or sundries from The Fox Studios, then where possible consider paying contactless. Please note that any amount under £15 will, unfortunately, incur an additional charge of 1.75%.
Any cash tendered will be sanitised immediately, please don’t take offence.